|Aliases||Fastest Ship in the Sea |
(You, The) Whale
|Affiliations||Captain K'nuckles (HATE)|
|Family||Flapjack (adopted "Bab-e")|
|Occupation||House, Mother (Flapjack), Enemy (K'nuckles)|
|First Appearance||Several Leagues Under the Sea|
|Voice actor||Roz Ryan|
Bubbie is a large female blue whale who lives in Stormalong Harbor. She raised Flapjack as her own and acts as an over-protective mother to him, she usually attempts to keep him away from the dangers outside of Stormalong but does so with little success. Her mouth is also used as a home for our heroes, though various other parts of her body are used as well.
She is very sassy and can be extremely over-protective when it involves Flapjack's safety. She lets Flapjack live in her mouth along with Captain K'nuckles. She dislikes Captain K'nuckles' influence on Flapjack as it usually leads to trouble and all she really wants is for Flapjack to be the sweet little angel she knows him to be. Regardless of K'nuckle's abrasive attitude toward her and Flapjack, she cares about him like family. One episode she even said she was proud of K'nuckles for trying to lose weight, but all K'nuckles said was, "Just hold my feet." (He had been trying to do sit-ups at the time). At times she may feel lonely due to Flapjack's and K'nuckles' adventures so she goes into Stormalong to try and peep on its citizens and find out their secrets as a means to pass the time. Bubbie also dislikes bragging, as she believes it can only cause havoc in life.
- Bubbie was originally planned to be a mechanical whale shaped submarine. This idea was later used for Whoosh.
- Bubbie has a bell collection.
- Bubbie wears glasses (that usually aren't visible unless removed).
- When the scene changes to the inside of Bubbie's mouth, her tongue never moves while talking; only her uvula does.
- Her last name is Bubbie in the episode 100 Percensus.
- In the episode "Bubbie's Tummy Ache", it is shown that Bubbie is able to survive on land and walk, as she entered a pie eating contest and was standing upright. However in Low Tidings and Oh You Animal!, despite the idea she stated that land is dangerous for whales, likely referring that whales dry out on land.
- Bubbie's name is likely derived from 'Bubula', a Yiddish name for 'baby', which is what she calls Flapjack.
- Bubbie's voice actor (Roz ryan) also voiced Cake the Cat from Adventure Time and Witch Lezah from The Looney Tunes Show, not to mention the incredibly sassy muse in Disney's Hercules.
- She is very ticklish.
- Bubbie was a jewish word for grandmother.
- She always hated Captain K'nucles because of his attitude toward flapjack.
- She found Flapjack wrapped in seaweed when he was a baby, because of his extreme angelic cuteness she adopted him.